Zonte Video - February 19, 2024

Zonte Aug. 10, 2023 Video

Performance 2009 to 2023 (compound annual)

performance2009 2023Small

New subscribers, setup your Login ( Menu-Login)

Subscriptions

Royal Dutch Shell SHL

• lynnsa10
  • lynnsa10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 4 months ago #127944 by lynnsa10
lynnsa10 created the topic: Royal Dutch Shell SHL
I bought some of this. Here is recent RonS conclusion

I like Shell at this time because of their superior and well known brand and at current prices the stock is valued lower than their peers like Exxon, Chevron and BP for example. Marketwatch reports their PE ratio without extraordinary items at 8.6 and the stock is trading right around book value. They have a $6 billion share buyback and are on a path of increasing cash flow and dividends.

P/E w/o extraordinary Book Value
Exxon 11.35 1.54
BP 12.1 1.16
Chevron 14.42 1.63
Shell 8.6 0.98

Shell is well positioned for a growing LNG market and they are continuing to high grade their portfolio by divesting in lower margin assets. While most of the major integrated oil&gas companies are trading at highs on the chart, you can buy Shell at a good price after a bit of a correction.

It looks like the stock could break to the upside out of wedge pattern. There is resistance between $54 and $56 so we need a clear break above $56 to confirm a new bullish move. Support is between $48 and $50.

We can buy the stock now and get almost a 4% and growing dividend while we wait for capital appreciation.

Lynnsa comments - We got the break above $56 in early November and it is still holding above. I have a decent capital gain and will collect dividends

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: RonS
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
© 2019 Playstocks.net. All Rights Reserved. Designed By JoomShaper