Click' Login' then 'Don't have an Account ' and join $$Lounge for free

Garibaldi GGI.V

More
10 months 1 week ago #119590 by lynnsa10
lynnsa10 replied the topic: Garibaldi GGI.V
Some very good numbers and stock reacting well. I already have some good profits out so will hold rest long term, as Ron mentioned, who knows how big this will become?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #119589 by DearJohn
DearJohn replied the topic: Garibaldi GGI.V
2017-12-06 07:18 ET - News Release

Mr. Steve Regoci reports

GARIBALDI DRILLS 7.3% NICKEL AND 3.3% COPPER OVER 9.9 METERS AT NICKEL MOUNTAIN

Garibaldi Resources Corp. has provided the following update regarding its nickel-copper-rich massive sulphide discovery at Nickel Mountain near Eskay Creek including new high-grade drill results:

Highlights:

Drill hole EL-17-09 east of the historic E&L deposit ("Discovery Zone") has intersected two separate zones of mineralization including 9.9 meters of massive sulphides featuring 7.3% nickel and 3.3% copper within a broader 12-meter section grading 6.2% nickel and 2.9% copper; New potential at the historic E&L northwest zone continues to be revealed with EL-17-08 returning 39.3 meters grading 1.27% nickel and 0.81% copper, starting from 25.7 meters, including 5.85 meters @ 5.1% nickel and 2.0% copper; Additional analysis of geophysical data has greatly expanded the number of high-quality VTEM conductors trending north-northeast of the new discovery zone along a minimum 6-km Nickel Mountain mineralized trend leading to Anomaly "A".

Dr. Peter Lightfoot, one of the world's leading nickel sulphide experts and a technical adviser to Garibaldi, commented: "The unusually high grades in massive magmatic sulphides at Nickel Mountain are indicative of an open system magmatic event within the Eskay Rift collisional setting, an ideal structural environment for a unique discovery such as this."

Discovery Zone

Drill hole EL-17-09 expands the eastern discovery zone with a thick interval of nickel-copper-rich massive sulphides, along with platinum, palladium, cobalt, gold and silver, below a consistently mineralized and strongly disseminated 32.5-meter section grading 0.91% nickel and 0.69% copper (approximate true widths).

Hole # Interval width (from - to) Ni % Cu % Co % Pt (g/t) Pd (g/t) Au (g/t) Ag (g/t) *Ni+Cu (%)
EL-17-09 over 32.5m (122.0 - 154.5m) 0.91 0.69 0.029 0.287 0.530 0.245 4.6 1.60
Including over 15.55m (136.5 - 152.05m) 0.87 0.87 0.025 0.410 0.697 0.388 5.6 1.74
**And over 1.9m (152.05 - 153.95m) 5.98 2.56 0.208 0.324 0.557 0.057 12.1 8.54
EL-17-09 over 12.0m (175.5 - 187.5m) 6.16 2.91 0.168 1.020 1.868 0.680 9.0 9.08
**Including over 9.9m (176.6 - 186.5m) 7.35 3.33 0.201 1.174 2.101 0.783 10.1 10.69

* combined 1% nickel-copper is a minimum threshold for comparative analysis of composites
** denotes interval of massive sulphides (75-100%)

Historic Northwest Zone

Results from several Garibaldi drill holes into the northwest zone discovered through limited drilling in the 1960's support and exceed historic assays reported by Silver Standard. In addition, Garibaldi drilling and geophysics covering this zone suggest the potential for the discovery of much higher-grade material.

Northwest Zone Highlights:

Drill hole EL-17-08 has returned the widest massive sulphide intercept (5.85 meters @ 5.1% nickel and 2.0% copper) ever recorded for the northwest zone; Sedimentary rocks, never considered prospective for nickel-copper mineralization at the E&L by historical explorers, are now known to host massive sulphides; Potentially significant unexplained anomalies in borehole electromagnetic (BHEM) data for the northwest zone are being thoroughly investigated by the Garibaldi geophysics team led by renowned expert Alan King.

Hole # Interval width (from - to) Ni % Cu % Co % Pt (g/t)Pd (g/t)Au (g/t)Ag (g/t)*Ni+Cu (%)
EL-17-08 over 39.3m (25.7 - 65.0m) 1.27 0.81 0.045 0.268 0.505 0.222 2.5 2.08
Including over 6.0m (39.0 - 45.0m) 0.89 0.99 0.025 0.605 1.205 0.510 4.0 1.88
**And over 5.85m (57.8 - 63.65m) 5.14 1.99 0.197 0.264 0.388 0.193 5.1 7.13

EL-17-07 over 37.8m (38.1 - 75.9m) 0.73 0.65 0.020 0.222 0.346 0.213 2.6 1.38
Including over 9.0m (47.3 - 56.3m) 1.05 1.02 0.027 0.362 0.563 0.350 4.3 2.06
And over 8.9m (61.7 - 70.6m) 0.86 0.69 0.023 0.200 0.321 0.192 2.7 1.55
**EL-17-07over 3.25m (75.9 - 79.15m) 4.88 1.78 0.177 0.364 0.696 0.171 3.5 6.66

EL-17-06 over 36.3m (25.5 - 61.8m) 0.76 0.59 0.025 0.217 0.374 0.188 2.4 1.35
Including over 13.5m (36.0 - 49.5m) 0.88 0.85 0.024 0.403 0.690 0.341 3.8 1.72
**And over 1.9m (58.4 - 60.3m) 3.84 1.76 0.150 0.169 0.279 0.176 5.2 5.60

EL-17-05 over 43.7m (24.5 - 68.2m) 0.75 0.79 0.020 0.247 0.346 0.239 3.9 1.54
Including over 16.0m (32.0 - 48.0m) 1.06 1.08 0.028 0.393 0.589 0.380 5.3 2.14
And over 0.25m (66.45 - 66.7m) 1.58 1.07 0.075 0.170 0.074 0.178 5.0 2.65

* combined 1% nickel-copper is a minimum threshold for comparative analysis of composites
** denotes interval of massive sulphides (75-100%); all intervals in each hole are approximate true widths

New VTEM Targets Along Nickel Mountain Corridor

Ongoing interpretation of last spring's helicopter-borne versatile time-domain electromagnetic (VTEM) and magnetics survey carried out by Garibaldi has greatly expanded the number of high-quality VTEM conductors, from five to 14, extending along a north-northeast 6 km trend from the original E&L deposit and the new massive sulphide discovery zone to the east. Each of these new conductors exhibits geophysical signatures similar to "Anomaly D" at the E&L and will be prioritized for ground-truthing in 2018 to determine if the strong conductivity is due to zones of sulphide mineralization.

Updated Drill Map with Cross-Sections

To view an updated drill map with cross-sections, please visit the home page of the Garibaldi web site (GaribaldiResources.com) where the new map will be posted this morning.

Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)

Garibaldi Resources has applied a rigorous quality assurance/quality control program at the E&L Nickel Mountain Project using best industry practice. All core was logged by a professional geoscientist and selected intervals were sampled. NQ2 drill core was sawn in half and each sample half was placed in a marked sample bag with a corresponding sample tag then sealed. The remaining half core is retained in core boxes that are stored at a secure facility in Smithers, British Columbia. Chain of custody of samples was recorded and maintained for all samples from the drill to the laboratory.

All diamond drilling sample batches included 5% QA/QC samples consisting of certified blanks, standards and field duplicates. Two certified ore assay laboratory standards and one blank standard were used in the process and were supplied by CDN Resource Laboratories Ltd., an independent laboratory located in Langley, British Columbia. Samples were submitted to SGS Canada Inc. in Vancouver, British Columbia, an ISO 9001: 2008 certified lab, for base metal, sulphur and precious metal analysis using Inductivity Coupled Plasma (ICP), Fire Assay (FA) and Leco methods.

Samples were prepared by crushing the entire sample to 75% passing 2mm, riffle splitting 250g and pulverizing the split to better than 85% passing 75 microns. Gold, platinum and palladium were analyzed using a 30 gram fire assay and ICP-AES. Total sulfur and total carbon were analyzed using a Leco method. Nickel, copper, cobalt, silver and base metals were analyzed by sodium peroxide fusion and ICP-MS.

The performance on the blind standards, blanks and duplicates achieved high levels of accuracy and reproducibility and has been verified by Everett Makela, a Qualified Person as defined by NI-43-101.

Qualified Person & Data Verification

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #119569 by Hoss
Hoss replied the topic: Garibaldi GGI.V
On the daily chart looks like GGI is dropping below the cloud. A bearish signal, but still very close, a little lower and I will be convinced it is headed lower. Out of my position now

Attachments:

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #119553 by ron
ron replied the topic: Garibaldi GGI.V

davplan wrote: Yes I'm a subscriber to Gwen's Maven letter as well as James Kwantes Resource Opportunities who had similar skeptical comments as Gwen's Maven letter.

I've sold most of my GGI on the way up and some now on the way down. Down to less than 10% of my original position.

Wow! this one seems way over hyped and glad that I loaded up before the train left. Has helped keep my head above water with favorites like Zonte getting killed (adding to that one of course at current lows).

Glad to be mostly out of GGI. Has a bad smell about it. I'd rather play in a different sand box.

Good luck all.
Robin

i used to be a subscriber of lawrence roulston,i guess he's still the one calling the shots,right,are you paying the highest subscription for the Gwen's Maven letter,have you made money with their stocks ?

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #119548 by GoldnBoy
GoldnBoy replied the topic: Garibaldi GGI.V
Robin, I agree and Gwen Preston comments so true. When I last talked to Ron, he was expecting a drill map soon to make more sense of this, but nothing yet, so one can not even get a good handle on what results mean, what angle? how close were other holes? same direction? I too sold the last of mine, with most unloaded on way up

• davplan
  • davplan's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #119546 by davplan
davplan replied the topic: Garibaldi GGI.V
Yes I'm a subscriber to Gwen's Maven letter as well as James Kwantes Resource Opportunities who had similar skeptical comments as Gwen's Maven letter.

I've sold most of my GGI on the way up and some now on the way down. Down to less than 10% of my original position.

Wow! this one seems way over hyped and glad that I loaded up before the train left. Has helped keep my head above water with favorites like Zonte getting killed (adding to that one of course at current lows).

Glad to be mostly out of GGI. Has a bad smell about it. I'd rather play in a different sand box.

Good luck all.
Robin

More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #119544 by Gold Fever
Gold Fever replied the topic: Garibaldi GGI.V
Thank you and excellent analysis of the GGI situation, why are the regulators so easy on GGI and not with other jr miners ?

Here's a company that allows investors and the market see where the drill holes are and with full disclosure.

Take a look at the 3D Drill Models and images on the homepage of the historical drilling of this company it's real imo.

LINK
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Gold Fever.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #119542 by CIMA
CIMA replied the topic: Garibaldi GGI.V
From The Maven Letter: November 24, 2017...

A Short GGI Rant

So Garibaldi Resources (TSXV: GGI) finally put out results – real numbers, not visual descriptions – for its first four holes. The numbers themselves were ok. The highlight intercept came from hole 4, which cut 48 metres grading 1.1% nickel, 0.69% copper, 0.38 g/t palladium, 0.23 g/t platinum, and sniffs of gold, silver, and cobalt from 108 metres depth. The hit includes 4.8 metres of 7.2% nickel and 3.4% copper.

The other three holes returned intervals 18 to 60 metres grading 0.54% to 0.91% nickel.

That’s all fine. It may even be geologically interesting. But there is such a lack of information that I can’t tell.

The project information on GGI’s website hasn’t been updated since May. The only explanation of its geologic theory is an image with a large purple blob that supposedly models the conceptual magma chamber based on magnetics, mapping, trenching, and a few historic holes. With a complete absence of further information or proof, the ‘blob’ is unsubstantiated geophysical arm waving.

So I look for the corporate presentation for more information. Corporate presentations are the go-to source of information on a company, the package of slides that summarizes where, why, what, and how the story works, from corporate structure and management bios to geophysics, drilling, mapping, trenching, modeling, project history, and exploration thesis.

Except that GGI doesn’t have one. There is no corporate presentation. I looked and looked. It’s a stunning gap.

The news release itself is a piece of work. This is a stock that gained 550% over 2.5 months based on visual descriptions of nickel-copper sulphides in core. Over those 2.5 months the company didn’t hold back from promoting those descriptions, in fact using them to raise no less than $21 million.

Clearly the one piece of information now needed, the one thing the market had to see, was a result. An assay showing that their geologists had described the minerals accurately. A single piece of hard data.

So what does GGI do when it has that data in hand? It spends the first 13 paragraphs of its news release talking up another visual description from a newly completed, unassayed hole. It uses words like massive sulphide as often as possible and the ninth paragraph even says Nickel Mountain is showing similarities to Noril’sk, the largest deposit in the world of the kind GGI seeks.

And there were no maps. This is a drill results news release and there were NO maps of where the holes were drilled, let alone cross sections showing how the intercepts relate. It is impossible to understand the significance of an intercept without a map.

They did spend a few paragraphs talking about how the good intercept, from hole 4, “is in the immediate vicinity” of the massive sulphides in hole 14, the newly drilled hole that they describe as choc-a-bloc with massive sulphides. But without a map I have no idea what they mean by proximal.

The structure of the news release is nothing less than shocking. I am shocked that a management team would frame its results in such a promotional manner in any circumstance, but it is especially alarming in this situation, when so many eyes are on the stock.

Moreover, the information that I want clearly exists. The company is drilling. They have drill maps and are developing cross sections, because that’s the basic work an explorer does with its data to piece together a geologic picture.

And I would guess that some people have seen the maps, cross sections, and so on. Eric Sprott invested $5 million in this deal. He would not have done so based on the highly limited publicly available information. In fact I was recently chatting with another company exec who had pitched Eric Sprott on investing in his deal. Sprott’s answer was that he is only investing in projects where he sees clear potential for 10 million ounces, or the equivalent in base metals. He thinks he’s got one in Novo and another in Garibaldi.

That statement had to be grounded in information that the rest of us aren’t seeing, cause what we are seeing is little more than arm waving and promotion.

I am even more shocked – and dismayed – that regulators approved Garibaldi’s news release. These are the same regulators that will back-and-forth with a company for weeks over detailed wording in a technical report out of concern it is too promotional, or that won’t allow a company to even disclose that a resource exists if it was calculated under London or Johannesburg regulations. And yet somehow this GGI insanity is ok?

There are some very good names associated with Garibaldi. Raymond Goldie is on the board; he had a long distinguished career as a mining analyst. Peter Lightfoot is a highly regarded geologist in academic circles and is an advisor. (Peter Megaw, the genius behind MAG Silver’s Juanicipio discovery, is also listed as an advisor but tells me he has only advised on GGI’s Mexican projects and has nothing to do with Nickel Mountain). John Buckle has a record of discoveries and is listed as a consultant.

These names would usually lend credibility, but in this case the lack of information and crazy promotional approach are too much to be balanced by a few good names.

I’m not here to say there’s nothing at Nickel Mountain. There might be. Those first few holes included some interesting numbers. But the way this story is being presented is scandalous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gold Fever

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #119532 by GoldnBoy
GoldnBoy replied the topic: Garibaldi GGI.V
Hoss you were proven right in selling all of GGI, although you may not of hit top and one seldom does but you got in pretty low on ZON. Did you buy the dip on GGI and what do the clouds tell us now?

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #119521 by Gambler
Gambler replied the topic: Garibaldi GGI.V
Looks like the stock is filling the gap Ron mentioned, here is his update on streetwise
www.streetwisereports.com/pub/na/17853

• davplan
  • davplan's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #119507 by davplan
davplan replied the topic: Garibaldi GGI.V
This is from Mark at IKN, live from LatAm. He of course tends to be very cynical but is often on the money: (I've sold most of my GGI and also retain a smallish position but am glad I'm mostly out as I think at this point there are better speculations including many mentioned on this blog and recommended by Ron)

From IKN post this morning (nothing we didn't know of course)
Garibaldi (GGI.v) and New Nadina (NNA.v)

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 05:27 PM PST

It didn't go unnoticed the way Garibaldi bamboozled the market.

1) Quietly talk up drilling results as they happen. "Hey there, I've heard that..."
2) Get the dumbass end of the mining world vomiting in chatrooms about the "next Voisey's" or whatever other phrase to get the circlejerk underway
3) Release a cherrypicked photo or two. Fapfest
4) Stoke up the tension for weeks. Fappity fappity
5) Run a placement and fill coffers. Ka-Ching!
6) Finally release an assay that doesn't live up to the hype. Oh.
7) Keep em hanging on with "Not our fault it's cold in the winter, next year gonna be (etc)".

Check out New Nadina Explorations (NNA.v):

1) Check
2) Check
3) Check
4) In progress
5) In progress
6) Coming soon
7) Coming soon

Garibaldi Resources (GGI.v): So let me get this straight

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 08:43 AM PST

A market cap of C$450m+ for "We think we can find the feeder next year". Is that right?

Only in Canada.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #119506 by Hoss
Hoss replied the topic: Garibaldi GGI.V
This is the drill news from Sept 1st that drove the stock from $1 to over $2

Garibaldi Resources Corp. has intersected two long intervals of nickel-copper sulphide mineralization totalling 176 metres and consisting of pyrrhotite-pentlandite-chalcopyrite in the first drill hole at its 100-per-cent-owned E&L project at Nickel Mountain near Eskay Creek. Drilling of the second hole begins imminently.

Here is the reality of EL 17-01, probably not economic at these kind of depths?

Encouragingly, the hole intersected two long core intervals of disseminated sulphide mineralization totaling 176 meters to a depth of 332 meters, highlighted by a 60.5-meter section grading 0.54% nickel and 0.53% copper. Higher grades of copper (0.80%), palladium (1.26 g/t), platinum (0.60 g/t) and gold (0.60 g/t) were intersected over 4.5 meters starting at 279.5 meters within a broad disseminated zone.

Moderators: RonS
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Login Form