Click' Login' then 'Don't have an Account ' and join $$Lounge for free

Cannabis Wheaton TSXV:CBW

More
1 year 4 months ago #118258 by alexgreat
alexgreat replied the topic: Cannabis Wheaton TSXV:CBW
used recent weakness and added to my position

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #118254 by Gambler
Gambler replied the topic: Cannabis Wheaton TSXV:CBW
2017-06-20 02:26 ET - News Release

Mr. Chuck Rifici reports

CANNABIS WHEATON FEATURES PARTNER CURATIVE CANNABIS

Cannabis Wheaton Income Corp. is featuring its partner 2368523 Ontario Ltd. (doing business as Curative Cannabis). Curative has applied to become a licensed producer pursuant to the access to cannabis for medical purposes regulations (ACMPR) with its proposed facility in Chatham-Kent, Ont.

Curative's facility will be purpose built for cannabis cultivation and has been designed by the expert team from Cascadia AC. Cascadia has emerged as one of the leading design and build firms in the Canadian cannabis industry and has worked on several ACMPR facilities across Canada, including leading the design and buildout of the environmental control systems at Broken Coast's facility in British Columbia. The facility is anticipated to have an initial footprint of 21,000 square feet. However, Curative owns an option to purchase the neighbouring 33.09 acres of land thereby allowing Curative the option to expand its facility up to 800,000 square feet, subject to market demand and regulatory approval.

Apart from the strength of the facility and the ease with which it can be expanded, Curative also enjoys other competitive advantages:

Curative has developed a strong relationship with the municipality of Chatman-Kent, and Curative's principals have assisted the municipality in developing site-specific policies regarding cannabis production and related zoning matters.

Curative's principals have long-standing relationships and significant experience in the regulated cannabis industry through their work in patient education and outreach, cannabis breeding, and cultivation consultation, as well as branding and white labelling. They have worked in collaboration with many licensed producers in optimizing cultivation techniques and improving patient outreach.

Curative has an extensive library of cannabis genetics, all of which were transferred to several licensed producers during the transition phase of the marijuana for medical purposes regulations. These are highly sought-after cannabis genetics, which have been standardized and validated within the regulated environment of the ACMPR.

More
1 year 5 months ago #118243 by alexgreat
There has been some noise about Trump against marijuana, but I think it will go no where, zero budget for DOJ
Rohrabacher-Farr amendment, that allows states to carry on with crafting their own medical marijuana policies without fear of federal intervention. The bill, which funds the government through the end of September, is expected to pass this week.

Here’s the full text of the marijuana provision:

None of the funds made available in this Act to the Department of Justice may be used, with respect to any of the States of Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming, or with respect to the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico, to prevent any of them from implementing their own laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession, or cultivation of medical marijuana.

www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jeff-sessio...7dcde4b0bb2d087023df

More
1 year 5 months ago #118239 by alexgreat
I think there was some concern in the market that the financing would get done so that is good news

• GoldnBoy
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 5 months ago #118237 by GoldnBoy
GoldnBoy replied the topic: Cannabis Wheaton TSXV:CBW
Great news that financing was over subscribed

Cannabis Wheaton Appoints Notable Industry Player Michael Lickver as EVP of Strategy; Updates Financing
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwired - June 14, 2017) - Cannabis Wheaton Income Corp. (TSX VENTURE:CBW) ("Cannabis Wheaton", "CW", or the "Company") is very pleased to announce that it has appointed advisory board member and cannabis industry leading expert Michael Lickver to the position of Executive Vice President of Strategy.

Mike is currently a corporate and commercial associate at Bennett Jones LLP where he is a key member and helped build the firm's Cannabis Group, the leading cannabis-focused legal advisory business in the country. Mike has played a key role in a variety of domestic and international corporate and commercial cannabis-focused transactions. He speaks regularly at conferences across North America on topics related to the cannabis industry, is a frequent author on cannabis issues and is currently the Canadian Editor of the International Cannabis Law Journal.

Mike is also on the board of advisors of Stoic Advisory Inc., a consulting firm focused on providing corporate finance expertise to clients in the global cannabis industry as well as the board of directors of Summit Leaders, a not-for-profit organization that aims to help Canadian youth engage in entrepreneurship. In addition to his work as pro bono counsel to Cannabis Canada and Canadians for Fair Access to Medical Marijuana, Mike is an Adjunct Professor at Western Law School where he teaches "Medical Marijuana: Law & Practice", a law school course which he co-designed and the first of its kind in Canada. Mike earned Law (J.D.) and MBA degrees from the University of Western Ontario and the Richard Ivey School of Business.

As EVP of Strategy, Mike will be responsible for developing, communicating and executing Cannabis Wheaton's corporate strategy initiatives.

Chuck Rifici noted, "Mike has been instrumental in building the largest cannabis legal practice in Canada and brings a diverse background of legal, strategic and financial experience to Cannabis Wheaton. Having known and worked with Mike for several years, it is clear to me that through both his legal career and previous experience in the entertainment industry, he brings a unique skill set to Cannabis Wheaton and is positioned to provide some of the best insight available in our industry. We are thrilled to have Mike join Cannabis Wheaton and look forward to adding his always thoughtful and creative touch to the team."

Mike stated, "The opportunity to utilize the knowledge and relationships that I have built in the cannabis space to directly drive the strategy and growth of Cannabis Wheaton was one that I could not overlook.

I feel privileged to be working alongside Chuck Rifici, Hugo Alves and the other talented members of Cannabis Wheaton with the vision of building a cannabis company that brings to bear financially creative solutions and works to build value for its partners and shareholders. Joining the Cannabis Wheaton team is an exciting challenge and I look forward to continuing my career in this unique and budding industry.

I feel privileged for having the opportunity to have started my professional career at Bennett Jones. I am also grateful for everything the firm and all of its exceptional lawyers and staff have provided for me over the years as they are lessons and experiences I will carry forward to the next chapter of my career. Many of my colleagues and clients have become my closest friends and I want to thank them for all of their support and guidance. I'm looking forward to the future and the new challenges that lie ahead."

Mike will commence his new role with Cannabis Wheaton after a short period of transition from Bennett Jones in order to ensure an orderly succession of his legal practice and ongoing client matters to the other senior members of Bennett Jones' Cannabis Group.

UPDATE ON FINANCING

The Company is pleased to report that investor interest in the special warrant and convertible debenture units being sold under the best-efforts private placement announced June 6th led by Mackie Research Capital Corporation has resulted in orders exceeding the fundraising and over-allotment maximum offering size of $57.5 million.

The Company anticipates closing on an oversubscribed offering in accordance with previously announced timing.

Read more at www.stockhouse.com/news/press-releases/2...#HJx4EIuR4H3qa65b.99

• GoldnBoy
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 5 months ago #118231 by GoldnBoy
GoldnBoy replied the topic: Cannabis Wheaton TSXV:CBW
Canadian Marijuana index now at 220, lets see if it holds above 214 the recent low

marijuanaindex.com/

looks like your timing was good to buy, rallied back to $1.00 now

More
1 year 5 months ago #118228 by Trev
Trev replied the topic: Cannabis Wheaton TSXV:CBW
I don't use the stuff, but you cannot argue with the science that shows some benefits. I took advantage of the weakness today and bought a chunk of CBW that is

More
1 year 5 months ago #118225 by Dave
Dave replied the topic: Cannabis Wheaton TSXV:CBW
Longer US drags it's feet probably better for Canadian Pot boys

www.scientificamerican.com/article/scien...toric-drug-epidemic/

""Amid a drug crisis that kills 91 people in the U.S. each day, Attorney General Jeff Sessions has asked Congress to help roll back protections that have shielded medical marijuana dispensaries from federal prosecutors since 2014, according to a letter made public this week. Those legal controls—which bar Sessions’s Justice Department from funding crackdowns on the medical cannabis programs legalized by 29 states and Washington, D.C.—jeopardize the DoJ’s ability to combat the country’s “historic drug epidemic” and control dangerous drug traffickers, the attorney general wrote in the letter sent to lawmakers.

The catch, however, is that this epidemic is one of addiction and overdose deaths fueled by opioids—heroin, fentanyl and prescription painkillers—not marijuana. In fact, places where the U.S. has legalized medical marijuana have lower rates of opioid overdose deaths. ""

More
1 year 5 months ago #118221 by Hoss
Hoss replied the topic: Cannabis Wheaton TSXV:CBW
Stock is off today, at 95 but Mackie and Altocorp still buying, Short report in a few days will be interesting

More
1 year 5 months ago #118220 by Gambler
Ontario and BC probably because more moderate or warmer climate, but Quebec has very low power rates so might get more action? One thing with CBW does not matter where they are as long as they can produce and sell it

More
1 year 5 months ago #118215 by WealthyPlumber
WealthyPlumber replied the topic: Cannabis Wheaton TSXV:CBW
Came across this graphic, I think the Newfies need to see some production. Ont and BC seem to dominate
Attachments:

More
1 year 5 months ago #118208 by Gambler
Mr. Chuck Rifici reports

CANNABIS WHEATON CONGRATULATES ITS PARTNER SUNDIAL GROWERS INC.

Cannabis Wheaton Income Corp.'s partner, Sundial Growers Inc., has been granted a cultivation licence for its facility located near Airdrie, Alta., under the access to cannabis for medical purposes regulations (the ACMPR).

Sundial becomes CW's seventh licensed producer partner - and uniquely one of only three licenses now granted in the Province of Alberta, broadening CW's geographical scope and diversity of licenses into a third province.

Chuck Rifici said, "We want to congratulate Sundial on this major milestone and achievement! Sundial has a team of great professionals who are forward-thinking in their approach to the cannabis industry and we believe they will be a very strong partner for us. The award of yet another license to a CW partner is a reinforcement of the strength and scope of our initial vetting process and we anticipate that our stable of licensed producer streaming partners will continue to increase as we execute on business strategy."

DEAL TERMS WITH SUNDIAL

CW's interim streaming agreement with Sundial contemplates an aggregate contribution by CW to Sundial of up to $29,000,000 (the "Sundial Contribution") to fund the construction of Sundial's facility to be located in Olds, Alberta (the "Olds Facility"). The ACMPR application for the Olds Facility is currently in the "Detailed Review" stage of the licensing process and remains subject to review by Health Canada.

Sundial's receipt of a cultivation license for its Airdrie Facility satisfies a condition precedent in the interim streaming agreement with CW. After the completion of CW's most recent brokered private placement, as further described in CW's press release dated June 6, 2017, Sundial is now free to deliver its construction budget and timeline to CW for the development of Olds Facility. The Sundial Contribution shall then be made in accordance with a funding schedule set in the accepted construction budget and timeline.

Time to create page: 2.101 seconds

Login Form